Recipe Day: Cauliflower Pizza2/06/2014
As promised! I'll be blogging about my fave recipes every week!
Just got internet connection today, so I'm making up for the blog posts I've missed.
ON THE DIET? HERE'S A RECIPE FOR YOUR LOW CARB PIZZA!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
*For the Puree
*For the Casserole
- Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces. Place in a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tbl of cream and 1 Tbl of butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes. Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture. Microwave for another six minutes on high (or until tender.) Remove from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor along with the 8 slices of pepperoni and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can adjust the cream and butter to your preference for consistency.
- Spread the cauliflower puree into an 8 x 8 oven proof casserole dish. Cover with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and layer with pepperoni. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 20 minutes. Alternatively you could microwave this for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
For the Puree
For the Casserole
HAVE FUN AND ENJOY YOUR LOW CARB PIZZA!
*Approximate nutrition info per serving: 207 calories, 15g fat, 4.75g net carbs, 10g protein