What Are Your Breakouts Telling You?5/28/2014
I was searching online about the causes of pimples and how to treat it.
There are so many explanations, but I never really found a direct to the point answer.
Some people will tell you to go visit your dermatologist, but sometimes their treatment just doesn't work...
I really want to know why we breakout, so I did a little research.
Here it goes:
1. Forehead: Digestive System and Bladder. In order to improve acne in this area, you may need to consider a diet change or an increase in your intake of water. Consider cutting back processed foods–that can really help clear up this area.
2. In between eyebrows: Liver. To eradicate in-between-eyebrow pimples, consider a detox of sorts. Cut down on your alcohol consumption, eat lighter foods, and consider any foods you may have developed an allergy to (such as dairy)–this area is where an allergy traditionally manifests itself.
3. Outside of eyes: Kidneys. This is a quick fix: cut down on coffee, soda, and other sugary beverages, and drink some good ‘ol H20 instead. Hydrate your body and you should see a significant decrease in acne around your eyes. Acne on your ears relates to the kidneys as well.
4. Nose: Heart. Acne on your nose could mean high blood pressure or high cholesterol. Try cutting back on red meat and increase your intake of foods with Omega 3′s like avocado and fish. Additionally, because your nose is so porous, make sure that your makeup isn’t expired.
5. Cheeks: Respiratory System. Acne in this area usually points to allergies or smoking. In the case that neither allergies nor smoking are the culprit, consider keeping your body at a neutral temperature rather than allowing it to overheat–avoid spicy foods and add more green veggies to your diet. You should also ensure that the items that touch your face the most (your cell phone, pillowcase, and hands) are squeaky clean.
6. Outside corners of mouth: Hormones. This zone is difficult to eradicate because hormones by nature are somewhat out of our control. However, getting enough zzz’s at night, keeping skin clean and moisturized, and a balanced diet can help. Which side of the face this acne presents itself is also indicative of which side a woman is ovulating…how interesting…not get off of my face! If you’re willing to go on birth control, some pills can help clear up skin if hormones are the cause.
7. Chin: Stomach. Because this area is associated with the stomach, increasing the amount of fiber in your diet, drinking more water, and generally detoxing your body may help clear up this area.
I hope this post helps you.